1.05.2010

gustatus similis pullus

Last week, via Modcult, I discovered this delightfully modified (supposed) B-2 Bomber test flight patch by Trevor Paglen. (You can buy one for yourself here if so inclined.)
In addition to being amusing, it has extra personal meaning for Rocket Girl and me. Not only does it reference one of our favorite Twilight Zone episodes of all time, but one that was actually directed by Rocket Girl's father, Richard Bare. Needless to say, there is now one of these patches on its way to him. (Don't worry. Since he doesn't read this (or any) blog, it'll still be a surprise.)

And yes, for the Latin-challenged among us, gustatus similis pullus does indeed translate to "tastes like chicken."

4 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

Happy belated bday to RG.

Love this, know the episode you're talking about and am WOWWED that it was directed by RG's dad!

rcktgrl88 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rcktgrl88 said...

Hi Erin,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I had a very interesting childhood, more in the sense of the ancient Chinese curse than anything remotely Shirley Templesque.

(As an aside, my uncle was engaged to Shirley Temple when they were in their 20's. My mom went to school with Shirley and introduced them.)

Now, if you are so inclined, you can find out all about my twisted sense of humor here (Insert shameless plug for novel.): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=067977016X/5288-0410510-101051

You can buy it cheap, used, and if you want to mail it to me with a return mailer, I will sign and address it to you.

Cheers,

RG

Erin O'Brien said...

Published by Vintage no less, way cool RG. I look forward to the read.